Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Index -1 has no value

Index -1 has no value

"Index -1 has no value"

We updated our versions of ACT 2011 to the latest hot fix (6) and now upon startup all of us are getting this error message.

What is it and how can I rid us of it?

Thanks!

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Index -1 has no value

Just to verify: you receive this error, but are then able to continue working without issue in the database.  Is that correct?

If yes, this is an issue reported with databases that were at some point in ACT! V6 (2004).  It does not affect the behavior of the database.  At this time there is no fix available for this message in Sage ACT! 2011 (it was corrected in Sage ACT! 2012).

Greg Martin
Sage

Well, as long as it's not messing anything up, I guess we'll ignore it.

Copper Contributor

Greg,

I am receiving this same error, but in Sage ACT 2012 Premium SP2.

It occurs when tying to click on the Email hyperlink on a contact record and also when first starting up the ACT Program.

The error is effecting the functionality of my users.... they can not email using the hyperlink when this error occurs and thus have to create an email in Outlook then attach it to ACT - NOT ACCEPTABLE.

It is occurring on multiple user's PC's.   I have followed the KB Answer ID 26038.  Result: error still occurs.

My client has 13 users of ACT and all are receiving this error and can't email.

I need a suggestions please!

Julie Cooper
Success With CRM Consulting, INC.
ACC
Platinum Super Contributor

Julie,
Is this the complete message, or is there more? The complete message for the original issue in this thread is 'Index -1 does not have a value' when opening a 2011database and was resolved with 2012.
- Was it working before in 2012? What changed?
- Have you run database maintenance (Check and Repair, and through ActDiag)?
- Does it occur in another database (update an earlier demo to test)?
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Greg,

I ran the Check and Repair again through ACT Diag on the 2012 Database.  Tested it, and the error does still occur; however, there is no consistent pattern on when the error is occurring.... I could be opening the database, or entering a new contact, or sending an email, etc. and get the message. 

I am testing with the 2011 demo database updated to 2012 currently to see if I can get an exact procedure to reproduce this error and will report back any information.

Thank you for the suggestions and I will continue to work on this.

Julie

Julie Cooper
Success With CRM Consulting, INC.
ACC