Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Incorrectly installed ACT 9 on Windows 7 - 64 bit - uninstalled but Outlook 2007 is still not right

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Incorrectly installed ACT 9 on Windows 7 - 64 bit - uninstalled but Outlook 2007 is still not right

Incorrectly installed ACT 9 on Windows 7 - 64 bit - uninstalled but Outlook 2007 is still not right. 

When I load Outlook 2007, I recieved the following message:

"The Add-in “ACT! Extensions” (C:\Windows\system32\ACTExt.dll) cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook.  Please contact the Add-in manufacturer for an update.  If no update is available, please uninstall the Add-in."

I used the Windows program uninstall to remove ACT 9 but I received the above message.  Reoved the memtioned file manually but still receive the same message.

Any suggestions (please)?

Thanks, Adrian

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author adriancole
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Incorrectly installed ACT 9 on Windows 7 - 64 bit - uninstalled but Outlook 2007 is still not ri

Hello adriancole,

Please open your Outlook application and navigate to Tools|Trust Center.

Now select "Add-ins"

Near the bottom of the screen, select "Manage" and choose "Exchange Client Extenstions" and choose "Go".

Toggle off the ACT! addin as well as the Redemption addion.

Exit Outlook

Relaunch Outlook

I believe this will clear the message you have encounted. 

Please post your results.

thanks

Matthew McFadden

View solution in original post

All Replies

Re: Incorrectly installed ACT 9 on Windows 7 - 64 bit - uninstalled but Outlook 2007 is still not ri

Just to clarify, is the error saying ACT9Ext or ACTExt.  If its showing ACTExt, then its referencing ACT! 6.0 or prior Outlook integration. 

Try going into Outlook Trust Center to remove the ACT! extension

• Open Outlook
  • Click Tools then Trust Center.
  • Click Add-Ins on the left.

Ooops!   Yes it is ACT9Ext.

I tried exactly what you mentioned numerous times and it did not work for some reason.  I agreed it should have.  I summize that something happened when I tried to ACT 9 on the 64 bit system.

Thanks, Adrian

Check the following registry key and see if ACT Extensions is there.  If it is, backup your registry and delete ACT! Extensions.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\Client\Extensions

Also try rebuilding extend.dat

- Close Outlook.

- Browse to following location and delete extend.dat

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

Vista: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

How to Back Up the Registry on a Windows Operating System

Rebuilding extend.dat was completed but that did not make the difference.

The registry seems to make a lot of sense, but I am running Windows 7RC and could not find the Exchange reference.  Any suggestions on this one?

Thanks again, Adrian

Nickel Elite Contributor

Can you confirm that you are using ACT 9?  This would actually be ACT! 2007 and this version would not work on a 64 bit operating system.

Perhaps you mean ACT! 2009?

Additionally, it is realized that Windows 7 is still an RC release and is not supported.

thanks

Matthew McFadden

My apology - I checked the box and I am running  ACT! 2008 Version 10.0.3.182 Hotfix 1.

Yes, I understand that Windows 7 is not supported at this time, but it's been worth it.  I find it much more refined and useable than Vista, and now I have it running under Windows Virtualization on XP, my version of ACT! is running well, too.  If we could just fix the Outlook matter ......

Thanks, Adrian

Nickel Elite Contributor

Hold on, are you using a Virtualization product with XP as a guest operating system or are you using the XP Virtualization built into Windows 7?

thanks

Matthew McFadden

I am using the XP Virtualization built into Windows 7.  This was a side note.  It had nothing to do with my original installation attempt to install ACT! 10 onto my Windows 7RC 64 bit system.

Thanks, Adrian

Nickel Elite Contributor

I am afraid it does, you see, the version of ACT! that you have indicated will not install on a 64bit operating system.

Did you install ACT! on the virtual XP session?  If you did, this virtual XP session must be 32bit if you were able to install ACT!.

Are you saying that you get this Outlook Integration error message when you launch Outlook from Windows 7? 

If so, this may imply there is a shared registry component and that the XP session is not independent of the hosting Windows 7 session.

thanks

Matthew McFadden