Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Inconsistet ability to create and modify Opportunities

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Inconsistet ability to create and modify Opportunities

All of the sudden I can no longer create a new Opportunity and have its details appear in the Products/Services tab.  When I click Add, I get a pop up window with a trucated list of the fields I should be seeing.  In addition, none of the details associated with the product - price, cost, etc - is associated with the product.  To the extent that the fields are presented, they have to be manually filled in. 

The, somehow, magically, I was able to create a new Opportunity with all the fields, and which now appears in the Product/Services tab.  But not so for the next Opportunity I just created for another contact.

What is going on?

ACT Pro
Version of Act! 18.2
Office 365
Database is on my local machine (private database)
Operating system is Windows 10

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author CraigJ
‎03-21-2017 05:16 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Inconsistent ability to create and modify Opportunities

In the example you attached you will see Display Fields in the bottom left hand side.

Click on this and select the Fields you want displayed.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Administrator

Re: Inconsistet ability to create and modify Opportunities

Hi Craig,

Just to confirm the issue here:

• The fields appearing in the Add/Edit Product window are changing unexpectedly between opportunities.
  • The Cost and Price fields aren't updating after selecting an Item.

Is this correct?

Are you able to click the Display Fields button to change which fields are shown, and in what order? The preference which saves this list of fields is saved per-user in the database.

Do you have any addons for Act! installed?

Copper Contributor

Not quite, Gary.

The name of the Opportunity that I created is missing from the list of Opportunities in Product/Service. 

Each product, as you know,  has an associated price that should be filled in when I select the product.  But I can't even select the product in the first place.  The only thing I apparently can do is click "Add", which opens up an Add/Edit Product dialogue box (I took a screen shot but I don't think I can attach two attachments to one post here, so I'll have to send it separately which contains a drop down menu of the products.  But that's it.  It doesn't do anything when I click "OK".  I also want to send a screen shot of the one Opportunity I somehow was able to enter correctly, which I have no clue what I did differently to be able to do so).

Copper Contributor

First attachment I couldn't attach

Copper Contributor

Second attachment I couldn't attach

Administrator

Hi Craig,

I'm sorry but I'm struggling to understand the steps you're taking here and what the apparent issue is. You might find it easier to explain your issue and show a technician the issue occurring over a remote session. If you have a support subscription with us, then I would suggest you give us a call and we can set this up.

Alternatively, you could use some screen capture software like Jing to take a recording of the error occurring, and post the video in this thread so we can take a look.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Just a thought - make sure that the product name or associated information is not longer than the field. So it could be that the one that worked had a smaller char count. Worth a look.

Copper Contributor

I figured it out.

I had neglected to pick a quantity (1).  Once I did that, everything worked as it should.

Thanks for putting up with my sloppiness!

Copper Contributor

Just when I thought it was safe to go out again...

When trying to select products for a new Opportunity (or, for existing Opportunities, view), I am now only being offered the 4 fields you see in the attachment.  The price is not tied to the product name, which it should be.  And I can no longer select the quantity of the product, since that field is no longer presented.

I am going to try to record the steps I took to get her once I have a moment to download and trial the software that was recommended, But I thought I'd point this out in the meantime.

Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author CraigJ
‎03-21-2017 05:16 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

In the example you attached you will see Display Fields in the bottom left hand side.

Click on this and select the Fields you want displayed.