Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Including both E-mail and Personal E-mail fields when sending bulk email

Including both E-mail and Personal E-mail fields when sending bulk email

*ACT 2010 V 12.1.181.0 on Windows XP Professional, with Outlook 2007*

Is there any way to send to BOTH work email and personal email addresses when sending bulk?

Some of my contacts have E-mail addresses, some have Personal E-mail addresses (different fields in my version) and some have no email address.  When sending bulk email, I click "omit those records with no email address".  It's only just come to my attention that I'm only sending to those contacts with an E-mail address; ACT skips the Personal E-mail address field altogether.  Is this a setting that can be changed?  Can thI set to include both E-Mail and Personal Email (or, better yet, personal if not work email is found)?

Thanks

Tuned Listener

Re: Including both E-mail and Personal E-mail fields when sending bulk email

How do you send bulk emails? Do you simply highlight a list and use an email template?

I use the Write > Mail Merge wizard from the drop down menu, then I follow the prompts and select from a variety of Groups that I've created.  Every once in a while, I create a lookup and then bulk mail to the lookup (again, by following the Mail Merge wizard).

Platinum Super Contributor

The mail merge process will only use the single 'e-mail' field, it will not use the personal email field. There isn't an option to change this behavior.

An option, assuming that both email fields aren't populated on the contacts: create a Lookup of contacts that do not have an email in the primary email field > then use the Edit > Copy Field option to copy the personal email field to the primary email field.

Note: It is highly recommended that you create a backup of the database before performing mass updates (File > Backup > Database).
Greg Martin
Sage