Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Inability to filter Histories

Inability to filter Histories

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

Maybe I'm missing something, but I am trying to filter the recorded Histories for my accounts. When I right-click on the History field and select Filter History, the "Types" menu shows "All". I want to set a filter so that when I run a Notes/History report, all that shows is the history of when an Activity is cleared, and the associated Note that I may enter during the "clearing" process.

But there seems to be no way to narrow/filter what's recorded in the History for an account. 

When I make a sales call, I'd like to record some notes when I'm clearing the Activity, and then at the end of a day generate a History report that I can use as a "call report" for my manager. What he DOESN'T want to see is histories of "fields changed", or "contact deleted", or other types of account maintenance.

I am using ACT 2010...

Sorry for the rambling post - thanks in advance for any help!

Message Edited by Jelllyroll on 04-11-2010 09:14 PM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Inability to filter Histories

You're correct that there isn't any way to directly filter the history types within a report template. If all you're interested in is a count of activity types then the History Summary Classic report might do. It can be modified to track different history types than those in the standard report. I was able to create a highly customized report for the report package I sell that reports on only the most recent Call Completed, Meeting Held, To do Done and note for each contact within a specified date range. A variation of that report might do what yu want.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129