Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

In the Contacts View, when selecting multiple contacts, they are not linking to assigned Company

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

In the Contacts View, when selecting multiple contacts, they are not linking to assigned Company

While in the Contacts view, I'm trying to select multiple contacts of the same company and add them to a Company that is already in Act so that the two are associated. However, after I do that, the hyperlink for the corresponding Company doesn't show up for the contacts that I just assigned. But if I go to the Company, then it shows the contacts I've added to it.

If I want the hyperlink to show up under the Company column in the Contacts View, I need to go through and apparently Unlink and then re-Link each one so that it does show up accordingly.

Is this a glitch? I have several thousands of contacts I'm trying to clean up and this would greatly help to get it properly organized.

Thanks

BGriffin

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author bgriffinadvantar
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: In the Contacts View, when selecting multiple contacts, they are not linking to assigned Company

There's two menu options - and unfortunately they cause confusion - i.e. not your fault Smiley Happy 

When you're in a Contact record, or on a list like you describe, you can go to the Contact menu and either:

1. Add Selected to Company - which just "adds" them to, or associates them with, a Company

or

2. Link to Company - which does what you want it to - actually links and creates the "hyperlink" in the Company field.

See if that's what's happening...

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author bgriffinadvantar
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: In the Contacts View, when selecting multiple contacts, they are not linking to assigned Company

There's two menu options - and unfortunately they cause confusion - i.e. not your fault Smiley Happy 

When you're in a Contact record, or on a list like you describe, you can go to the Contact menu and either:

1. Add Selected to Company - which just "adds" them to, or associates them with, a Company

or

2. Link to Company - which does what you want it to - actually links and creates the "hyperlink" in the Company field.

See if that's what's happening...

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com