Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Importing vcard and vcalendar files into ACT 9?

Importing vcard and vcalendar files into ACT 9?

My company uses a web based lead generator to field contacts, then forward an email to us with vcard and vcalendar files attached. We're trying to set up ACT 9 to import this vcard and vcalendar contact information for follow-up. The book has been confusing (that's the nicest way I can say it), so we've been trying to track down information on the web. We found a forum post that said you can't import vcard and vcalendar files from Outlook Express, you have to use ACT Email. I think we're pretty close on this, but we haven't been able to configure ACT Email to check our email server for messages. Has anyone done this, and if so, how did you set it up? In the next month or two we're going to add pocketPCs to the mix, but that's another can of worms. For that we're planning to use J2X Technologies "Handheld Contact" to link our PocketPCs to ACT 9. Thanks in advance for any help, PopMuzik
Nickel Contributor m4y
Nickel Contributor

Re: Importing vcard and vcalendar files into ACT 9?

Actually, if I understand well, your only one problem is to configure ACT to use ACT Email and merge vCard?

OK, simply configure your outlook to retrieve your emails. Then do these 2 steps:

1. Configure Outlook as Email client in ACT (and choose to use ACT Email at step 4)
2. Simply open the ACT Email (click on "Email" in the nav bar to left of your screen or go to View > Email menu), open your email and double-click on the attachment. See this KB article

Xavier Nyssen

ACT! Certified Consultant @ Intuitis | Belgium
{ +32 64 45 08 00 | xavier@intuitis.be | http://intuitis.be }
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you are in Canada or the USA then...

You can open a VCARD in Microsoft Outlook 2003 or Outlook 2007 and use V8HotKey to bring it into ACT!

If you can see the open VCARD or Outlook Contact on the screen - you just press "F11" on your keyboard.

V8HotKey works with ACT! 2006 by Sage through ACT! 2009 by Sage.

Also works with Symantec ACT! 2000 through ACT! 6.0

You can get it at http://V8HotKey.com

This is NOT (repeat NOT) an ACT! Plug-in. It uses the ACT! SDK Db object

Best regards,
Kevin

===========

Kevin Ritch
V8Software.com
631 961-0594

Message Edited by kritguy on 12-19-2008 01:38 PM
Copper Contributor

V8HotKey is only suitable for the USA at the moment owing to a simplified Zip Code system.

Best,
Kevin