Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Importing to Notes field

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Importing to Notes field

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a way to import fields from a spreadsheet into new contacts' "notes" fields.

I have added to the contact layout design where appropriate, but this is a large spreadsheet and the details, while relevant, I don't need in individual fields. Can I take the rest and lump them all together in the notes field? Can I take just one column from my spreadsheet and match it to the ACT notes field?

Any help/ideas are appreciated.

Many thanks,

Sarah

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author sarah.strasburg
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Importing to Notes field

[ Edited ]

Hello Sarah,
To do this, during the import wizard on the screen where you do your field mapping, you would map the desired column on your spreadsheet to the field "Add to ACT! Note". You can only do this with one column per import.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author sarah.strasburg
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Sarah,
To do this, during the import wizard on the screen where you do your field mapping, you would map the desired column on your spreadsheet to the field "Add to ACT! Note". You can only do this with one column per import.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Great, thank you!