Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Importing problems from Outlook

Importing problems from Outlook

Forgive me if this is somewhere (I have looked)

New harddrive.  ACT 2011 Pro, Outlook 2007, Windows 7.  Long time ACT user.

When trying to import Outlook contacts, I'm only getting 87 out of ~1800?  I have tried creating new database in ACT.  I have tried "syncing" also.

Please help, Thx

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Importing problems from Outlook

The import process may default to "do nothing" if there is no matching record in Act!  If that were the case, does that sound about right in your situation, in which you have 87 records.  If so, what you can do is select "Custom import" rather than "Typical" and define what to do when there is no match (Add?).

For syncing,

Check your Sync Set definition under the Outlook Sync Preferences.  If you want all of your Outlook contacts to come over, I think you have to check the Add Outlook Contacts box.

Hope this helps.

Mark Rogers
Act! v16 HF5, Office 365 SBP

mrogers,

Thanks, I am starting with an empty database so there are no ACT contacts to match.  When I click import, it starts to work but then stops after only 87 contacts have been imported.  (I have ~1800)

Sync doesn't work at all.

Copper Elite Contributor

Perhaps it is having problems with one of the records in Outlook.  Can you tell which one it is trying to process when it stops.  If so, trying deleting that record and redoing your import. 

Mark Rogers
Act! v16 HF5, Office 365 SBP