Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Importing into Opportunities - OAK! Merge or Import IT?

Importing into Opportunities - OAK! Merge or Import IT?

Hello,

I have spent the past few days researching ways to import an excel spreadsheet into ACT pro 2012. I have had great sucess so far with all fields apart from the oppertunities. I am aware that it is impossible to do so without an add on (OAK! Merge or ImportIT). I have 1300+ Oppertunities to enter and doing this manually would be a waste of time and money so i am looking to purchase either of these add ons, or potentially any other product that would acheive the same result.  What i would like to know is which one would be better to purchase? I have no experiance with ACT! or any other CRM software for that matter so im not sure what the other benefits of either software are.

Our Sales team update their sales calls onto their excel sheets daily and so im thinking that instead of constantly manually updating the oppertunities manually everyday, which would become a fulltime job within itsself that we should in theory be able to update these oppertunities from the spread sheets alot more easily.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks,

Blair

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Importing into Opportunities - OAK! Merge or Import IT?

I've not used Import IT but I have used OakMerge to import data into the opportunities table (from Excel and from Access) and had no trouble. I was also able to get the oppertunities linked to the appropriate contact.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Fantastic, thanks for you advice. What other benefits does OAK! Merge offer apart from being able to import into oppertunities?

Platinum Elite Contributor

The ability to merge new data into existing records.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129