Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Importing into ACT! by Sage from Point (Calyx)

Importing into ACT! by Sage from Point (Calyx)

[ Edited ]

We use a mortgage loan program called Point by Calyx. Once a loan closes we then export it from Point and then import it into Act. We do this by converting it to a .txt file. However, we have repeat clients. So my question is how do we import their new information for their loan into Act without having to copy and paste everything. I can't import a whole new contact since they are already in Act. Is there a way to do this, or maybe another solution that I have not thought about?

Thanks,

Doug

Silver Contributor

Re: Importing into ACT! by Sage from Point (Calyx)

Many mortgage companies, use one record per loan and not one record per contact like traditional ACT users,  If you use one record per user, you will probably want to clear out the loan info for each record and keep the people info.  Probably easier to make a new record.

The merge process would best be accomplished either with a merge utility like oak merge. alternatively, you could set up sync betweeen Point and ACT with a synchronization tool like the InfoOptics Universal Data Translater.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Having 2 contacts will conflict with how we use ACT. When I pull a list for closed clients, then do an email blast to them, I don't want to send it to the same person twice. We only need their last closed loan information. What would be the best way to import this new information (new address, loan amount, etc). Delete the old contact and create a new one? (then that gives problems with notes and history that we would want to not be deleted). Is a third party merging program going to be our best option?

Thanks for the help.

Silver Contributor

What other folks have done was to add a mailing list field to act. So only the contact with the mailbox field checked would get the mail blast. My concern with using one contact record per person and keeping loan information inside of act is that if you tried to do a merge it is likely that the loan information for the different loans would be mingled up with each other.

There also custom table tools for act or you could have one borrower with many loans. This would be something like topline designer or Durkin impact suite.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider