Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Importing from ACT 2008 to 2011

Importing from ACT 2008 to 2011

This is my first experiance with ACT and it's likely the last.  What an incredibly difficult web site to get information from.  In any case, one of my customers upgraded his ACT 2008 to 2011.  I am not familiar with this product..  I have tried anything I can find to bring his 2008 stuff into 2011.  I have not been successful.  Beyond the import, restore, or just launching the .adf, I'm stuck.

Any help?

Thank you

Re: Importing from ACT 2008 to 2011

You better believe it.  I upgraded to Windows7 and tried to import another database also created in Act2011 and running Windows 7 into my home computer.  It would not work: something about an SQL incompatiblity.  So I called tech support: what a joke!! They wanted to charge me $49 to give me the answer.  Snake oil. This company deserves to drown in its greed.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Importing from ACT 2008 to 2011

Hello JWhite,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

You will want to open the ACT! 2008 database in ACT! 2011 before attempting to import it.  If you were going to import it into a new empty database, there wouldn't be a need to do the import once the database has been opened/updated in ACT! 2011.

You mention the ADF file, did you attempt to open the database using the ADF file?  If it did not open, what was the message you received?

When using the ADF to open the database, you will need to have the ALF and 'databasename-database files' folder with it (all 3 in the same folder).

--------------------------------------

Hello Rabbicy,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

I see that you have submitted your issue in another post and it is being addressed through that particular post.

Greg Martin
Sage