Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Importing for drop down

KM

Importing for drop down

I have been unable to import a table for a drop down for a few years now. When I upgraded to 2013 I contacted Sage for assistance and we went through .txt files and .csv. None worked. Normally about 10 records would come back only. File is much larger.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Importing for drop down

As a test: Export the current drop down list > edit the values in the list > attempt to import.  Successful or not?

If successful, it would seem to be an issue with the original file being imported. 

If not successful, attempt to import into the Demo database (or create a new database).  Successful or not? 

If successful in different database it would appear to be a database issue.  Try performing maintenance on original database (Tools > Database Maintenance > Check and Repair).  Attempt import again in original database.

Further information about import/export drop-down lists: KB Article 15338

Greg Martin
Sage
KM

Re: Importing for drop down

I do not currently have a drop down list in the field as I have deleted all previous files since they are not accurate. I am creating the files in Showcase Query. I have attempted to Import the files in the following formats:

Text- ANSI

Text- Unicode

Fixed Length Text

CSV- ANSI

CSV-Unicode

When attempting to Import the results are either no records at all or only some of the records and not in any order. I have also tried creating a new field in ACT! Nothing has worked.