Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Importing for drop down

KM

Importing for drop down

I use ACT 12.1 and am trying to import a drop down list. The import results in only a portion of the 500 records I am trying to import. I have tried both .txt and .csv. Any ideas?

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Importing for drop down

KM

None. The list has a column of numbers and a column of names.

Bronze Super Contributor

Bronze Super Contributor

Here's another thought - how 'bout splitting the source into smaller files and running the import that way?

Platinum Elite Contributor

You will also want to make sure that there are no empty cells/columns in the import file. You must have all 4 columns (Name, Item Number, Cost, Price) and data for each product in all of those columns. See the "Importing Products" section of the following Knowledgebase article for more information:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1286...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

KM

Thanks. I have tried Tab Delimited Txt, ANSI TXT, CSV and I now get NO records back. This is so frustrating.

KM

Also I do not know what you mean by 4 columns. I have only 2.
Bronze Super Contributor

ghollister wrote:
You will also want to make sure that there are no empty cells/columns in the import file. You must have all 4 columns (Name, Item Number, Cost, Price) and data for each product in all of those columns. See the "Importing Products" section of the following Knowledgebase article for more information:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1286...

Greig - not sure it is a product list import, just a drop down..