Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Importing email into ACT! 2008 (10.0)

Importing email into ACT! 2008 (10.0)

I thought it would be nice to have a new laptop, but after spending the last 1 1/2 weeks attempting to get my database and email fully functional, I wish I would have stuck with my old slow Dell.  I was using ACT! 2004 (6.0) and sending email using ACT email through Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP machine.  I have 3 years worth of emails attached to my contacts and am struggling to get back to a productive state.

My new laptop has Windows Vista Home Premium and I loaded Microsoft Office Professional 2007 with BCM (Business Contact Manager).  I was able to import my contacts and link my emails in Outlook to each of the contacts.  BCM looks great on the surface and is a nice concept, however like most Microsoft products, the execution is lacking.  Since ACT! 6.0 will not play nice with Vista, I purchased ACT! 2008 (10.0) yesterday, and then promptly uninstalled BCM.  I converted my contacts from the 6.0 database to 10.0, but I have a bunch of worthless email links under the history.

So, this brings me to my question.  I would like to use Outlook 2007 as my email program, but I would like to have all my "stored/past" emails linked to my contacts.  Is there a way to link them all or do I have to do it on a contact-by-contact basis after searching for emails from certain contacts in Outlook?  I have everything setup to attach/link any future emails, but really need access to the existing emails as well.  I would be willing to use ACT's email program if I could gain access to my emails again, but all the links are to a path like the following:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\ACT\Email\DORGMSFA.ima

I can't seem to find a way to change where the emails are stored in ACT! 2008.  Does anyone have a solution?