Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Importing databases

Importing databases

I am trying to import contacts from another database to a new one so that I can be administrator of the new one due to some mistakes when I initially set up the first database. It says something to the effect that I do not have sufficient priviliges to import that database even though I put the username and password. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Bronze Contributor

Re: Importing databases

You need to log in with Administrator rights into both databases when performing this so if your login into the source is not an administrator you will not be able to do this.

Reset you roles to administrator in both databases

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

I have the rights to only one user which is me on my license. In the initial setup, the first name I put was a client and I could not change it and that made them administrator. I created another user which was me to delete the first contact or administrator and was not able to delete them. So now it is as is there are 2 users and therefore alot of things I am not able to do because they are greyed out and cannot click on them (i.e. export to excel, delete contact, manage users, etc.) How do I take care of this problem so that I can manage my users?

Bronze Contributor

If you made your client the user then you need to log in as them and then you should be able to change your login in that database to administrator. there is no external method of doing this without sending your database to database services
Paul Buchtmann

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

I did do that. But again, I created another user which was me to delete the first contact or administrator and was not able to delete them. After creating the second user, there are alot of things I am not able to do and are limited because they are greyed out and cannot click on them (i.e. export to excel, delete contact, manage users, etc.) This did not happen until i created the second user. When I say user, ItUser that has the diagram of the person with the key on them. It would seem that if I could delete one of the users, I could do more things. I would like to delete the first user which was my client and not myself. But if I have to delete myself, I will in order to get more access. Please inform.
Bronze Contributor

You need to log into the database as the first user and then you can raise your settings to that of administrator
Paul Buchtmann

How do I raise the settings of administrator? Under managing users? Is that the only way? Because if so, it is greyed out as I mentioned before after putting in the second IsUser. Please inform.
Copper Contributor

then select "File" then "Save copy as" or press F12 follow the wizard selecting yourself as the user.

Stephen King
Also Devices Pty Ltd

That will not work because the "Save copy as" is greyed out and will not let me select it.