Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Importing database

Importing database

I have Sage ACT! Pro 2011 (version 13).  Recently, my hard drive crashed and had to re-install ACT.  Prior to the crash I used a jump drive to back up database.  Now when I try to import data by using the browse button, the system does not "see" any files in the E-drive.  I've tried moving the back up database to My Documents and the same thing happens.  How can I retrieve database?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Importing database

Yes, backup was using ACT!'s file/backup and onto a jump drive.

Hello Heather,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Did you first restore the backup (.zip) file using File > Restore > Database > Restore As, or are trying to directly open the .zip file from File > Open Database?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.  Wow, this is so great.  I do have a couple of questions:

1.  Is ACT! File/backup on to a jump drive the best way to backup my existing database?
  2.  How do I go about deleting the 2 databases that I do not need?  I created these in error and they now appear within the file dropdown values as optional databases to open.

I truly appreciate all your help.

~Heather

1. Is ACT! File/backup on to a jump drive the best way to backup my existing database?

You can make a backup to any device or drive that you have read/write permissions to. However, it is usually best to copy the backup to your local drive when restoring it.

2.  How do I go about deleting the 2 databases that I do not need?  I created these in error and they now appear within the file dropdown values as optional databases to open.

To delete an ACT! database, you would open the database in ACT!, then go to Tools > Database Maintenance > Delete Database. The deleted databases may remain in the list under the File menu but will not be able to opened.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Greig~

You have been a great help.  Everything you suggest worked as predicted.  Moving forward, I'll follow your backup & restoring database instructions.

~Heather

I had similar issue as Heather, so I followed your instructions on restore a database from a flash drive.  It seemed to work except that when I opened the newly named database there was only one contact instead of the +1000 there should be!!  So something didn't work.  Please help!!