Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Importing data from CSV file, does not import at all

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Importing data from CSV file, does not import at all

Im having a problem importing additional client details into ACT 2009.

I have a CSV file from another database from another program, which we wish to add to a small existing databse in ACT.  The CSV file looks ok and when I go through all the import wizard steps, it recognises the data in the CSV file based on the MAP I have created myself.  I tell it not to change destination files if duplicated and then also tell it add sources files if they do not match destination files.

Just before I hit finish, it tells me there are no problems and everything is compatible, but once I hit finish, it brings up the import bar, nothing happens and then it just finishes. I refresh, log out and back in and there is are no additonal clients in the database.

I make sure that everyone is logged out except for me as administrator so other than that, i have no idea what is wrong!

any ideas??

cheers

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author sibbso3876
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Contributor

Re: Importing data from CSV file, does not import at all

Check also what you duplicate checking settings are in Tools > Preferences > General > Duplicate Checking.

Trevor Lever

UK - ACT Certified Consultant
www.actpartners.co.uk
trevor@actpartners.co.uk

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Have you tried to import to a different database like the demo database or a new database? If could let us know the OS of the computer and if the database is shared or not over the network, it would be of much help Smiley Happy

Thanks

Saranyan 

Message Edited by Snowflake on 06-17-2009 07:14 AM
Solution
Accepted by topic author sibbso3876
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Contributor

Check also what you duplicate checking settings are in Tools > Preferences > General > Duplicate Checking.

Trevor Lever

UK - ACT Certified Consultant
www.actpartners.co.uk
trevor@actpartners.co.uk
Copper Contributor

Thank you so much for the replies, i tried it on another PC and it worked!!!.  We did look at the duplicate settings and they appeared ok, although the other PCs had to be changed.

FYI, we are using XP and the database is networked.

Many thanks