Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Importing data ... Code Hooks? Or "Automation"?

Importing data ... Code Hooks? Or "Automation"?

I'm not an ACT! user at this time ... just considering it.

I would be importing a lot of contact/company data, multiple times from multiple sources, and thus might encounter many inexact-match duplicates.

When importing these data, does ACT! give me any code hooks in the import processing in which to place my own logic for comparing import data with database data?  Or would this better be handled by a process of my own, one that uses some ACT! processes (like automation) to insert the data?

(I have read most of the QuickStudy Guide, but am not familiar with the SDK.)

... on a related note ...

The Duplicate Checking Criteria (e.g., shown in the dialog on QSG page 453) don't quite make sense.  For a record type of Contact, is a match on Company a match just on Company name?  Or is it also a match on City, State...?  And what fields are compared in a match on Contact (as in the first "Then on:" dropdown)?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Importing data ... Code Hooks? Or "Automation"?

You might have a look at itImport - it's the best way if importing and merging ACT! data that might be updating data already in the database.

The only other option would be to design something specific for your needs with the SDK

Thanks.  I'll consider both itImport and SDK programming.

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi

You might also want to have a look at Inaport for ACT. We are a Sage Endorsed Development Partner, and have been working with Sage CRM products for some years.

Regards

David Evans

{edited to remove link - please see your PMs}

Message Edited by tashina on 06-18-2008 10:07 AM