Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Importing contacts 30-day trial version

hdc

Importing contacts 30-day trial version

I am using the 2012 trial version of Sage Act! Pro.  When importing contacts, it would only allow 962 contacts to be imported out of my over 3,000 contacts in my Excel document.  It does not seem to have a limit of contacts held, because I am able to manually add contacts, which makes me at 963 contacts at the moment.  I have tried breaking up my file and importing in smaller bundles, but 962 is about all it will allow to import and hold in the contact list on Act.

I would like to be able to purchase this product, but if I am unable to import more than 962 contacts, then I will have to end this program.  Is there a limit because it is the trial, or would I have to manually add the additional 2,000 contacts in the official version as well?

Thanks,

Jenna

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Importing contacts 30-day trial version

Hello Jenna,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. To clarify, the "trial" version is the same as the "full" version, just not registered with a serial number yet, so there would be no limit to the number of contacts. Try the the import again, and on the finish screen of the import wizard you will see a link to view the import logs. See if there are any errors in there.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

hdc

Re: Importing contacts 30-day trial version

Turns out that it was combining names considering them 'duplicates' even though they were not.  We changed that in preferences and everything is going well now.  thanks for the reply though.