Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Importing clients from ACT 6.0 to 9.0. Act is only allowing me to import one contact at a time.

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Importing clients from ACT 6.0 to 9.0. Act is only allowing me to import one contact at a time.

90% of the fields I am exporting from 6.0 and importing into 9.0 are created fields.

(Import Wizard) I chose the text delimited option in order to create my own mapping. On screen 7 of 8 if I click "Confirm Each Match" I have to confirm every contact. There are over 5000 contacts in this database. If I don't click "Confirm Each Match" I only import the first record.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jillofall
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Importing clients from ACT 6.0 to 9.0. Act is only allowing me to import one contact at a time.

Do the standard conversion.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Re: Importing clients from ACT 6.0 to 9.0. Act is only allowing me to import one contact at a time.

Have you tried converting the ACT! 6.0 database instead of importing?  If you convert, you will retain all information (activities, notes, histories, etc...). Also before converting, make sure you're on the latest version+hot fix.

How to Convert an ACT! 3.x, 4.x, 5.x (2000) or 6.x (2004) Database to ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0)

How to Download and Apply the ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.1) Service Pack

How to Download and Apply the ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.1) Hot Fix 3

Thank you dlunceford for your quick response.

I tried as you suggested. However, 90% of my layout consists of Defined Fields such as "Health Care Provider" and "Effective Date". The wizard does not allow personal mapping only basic mapping such as "Address" and "Phone".

Is there something I am missing in the wizard? -Nancy

Solution
Accepted by topic author jillofall
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Do the standard conversion.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Mapping fields

Moved post to it's own thread in ACT! version 6.x & Prior discussion board