Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Importing a price list

Importing a price list

Just a few quesitons about importing price lists.

On ACT! 2013 when importing a price list from Excel what is the maximum amount of characters you are allowed in the 'Name' field? I have several products with long names that are very similar and ACT is telling me they are the same, as it is cutting the names short.

Second when importing my price list 153 out of 2794 will not import. Which characters will cause this issue? As I have removed all commas etc

Regards,

Matt

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Importing a price list

For the long product names, be sure to check the length of the field itself - that it is long enough to accept the names.
How long are the 'long names' (characters plus blanks)?

Have you tried manually re-entering one of the 153 that will not import? It may be that there is unseen formatting applied to the value. Can you provide an example of the ones that will not import?
Greg Martin
Sage

The one that is currently holding things up is 157 characters with spaces, but we do have even longer product names / descriptions than that. The field in Excel has the full description it just gets cut when going into ACT!

When the error message comes up saying 153 have not been imported etc, is it possible to view the ones that havent? Otherwise I will have to trawl through the 2700 products and find the ones that are missing.

Any further help on this one forthcoming?