Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Importing Phone records into existing contacts

Importing Phone records into existing contacts

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to import phone numbers into existing contacts.  I tried importing via excel but I'm not even sure how the excel data lines up with the existing contacts.  The duplicate checking doesn't show my excel columns to match against the existing database fields.  So I couldn't get that to work.  

Then I tried creating an empty copy of my database and imported into that the phone numbers, one other field with names to double check against the contact, and the unique identifier field I use for contacts (a mail address field I created).  I couldn't get that to work either but it seems like it should have.  Am I missing something?  I don't really want to spend money on Oakmerge etc if I don't have too.

Thanks for the help!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Importing Phone records into existing contacts

Not sure what you mean by: I'm not even sure how the excel data lines up with the existing contacts. The duplicate checking doesn't show my excel columns to match against the existing database fields.
Administrator

Re: Importing Phone records into existing contacts

Hi bellisimo6964,

The following Knowledgebase article details the import and merge procedure: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26828
In your case, you'll need to choose the custom option during the import wizard and set the merge options.