Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Importing New Companies as Divisions of an Old Company

Importing New Companies as Divisions of an Old Company

Hello,

My company has an account on Hoover's as well as Act. We have information in both places. I would like to consolidate the information into Act. I have a spreadsheet, from Hoovers, of one of our customers with information that I would like to be put into Act. The company is already in my current Act database. The spreadsheet has around 200 different entries of that same company, but with different information that would be useful to me. I would like to be able to import these entries as divisions of that company. Would this be possible? Thank you for your time.

-Ted

Re: Importing New Companies as Divisions of an Old Company

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to import divisions into companies. You can only import a list of companies and then manually add them as a division by dragging it into the desired company from the detail view of the Companies screen.

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage
Visit our knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com

Re: Importing New Companies as Divisions of an Old Company

Okay, thank you. I was afraid of that. I have looked into the add on store that was available for Act and I have found an add on that will allow this. Its called OakMerge. Just if anyone else is wondering.