Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Importing Email Address, First Name, Last Name from Constant Contact database to ACT

Importing Email Address, First Name, Last Name from Constant Contact database to ACT

I've used ACT in the past to strictly enter information.  For the past few days, I've been struggling with trying to IMPORT over 5,000 Email addresses, First Names, Last Names to ACT from Constant Contact.  Not all email addresses have a name, too.

I seem to import only the first contact.  Why would that be?  THANK YOU!!

DATABASE did not transfer over correctly to ACT - anyway to back out?!

I finally figured out how to import my constant contact database to ACT.  Unfortunately, it had several email addresses without contacts.  What seemed to happen was that the contact names I did have, got lined up with email addresses that did not necessarily go with them.  I added these to an existing database.  Is there any way to back out just what I imported so that I am left with the database I manually entered?!  Thanks.

how to import email address, first name, last name with some missing info

I have a spreadsheet to import to ACT.  For some contacts I only have email addresses and no first and last name.  Earlier when I imported, the email addresses got assigned to names that did not belong to them.  I was able to delete that import.  How can I avoid that this time around?  Thanks.

Re: how to import email address, first name, last name with some missing info

Remove the entries with no first/last names in the source file.  This will avoid the issue with blank contacts and wrong email addresses.

Re: how to import email address, first name, last name with some missing info

I am importing about 5200 contacts, about 1/2 of which only have email addresses.  Guess it would make sense to break out the spreadsheet into 2 spreadsheets and have one including contact names and the other just email addresses and import the 2 spreadsheets separately?