Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Importing Database from Act 9 premium to Act 2010 standard

Importing Database from Act 9 premium to Act 2010 standard

I recently lost my hard drive that contained the software for act 9 premium.  I do not have the software so when I purchased a new pc, i purchased act 2010 standard.  My old act database was backed up so I have the database information.  My question is, how can I convert my old database to act 2010?  I believe I read where I need to downgrade the act 9 premium but I do not have the software to do this.  Is there another way I can import my old database into act 2010?
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Importing Database from Act 9 premium to Act 2010 standard

Hello Raxtermr1,

Welcome to the Community.

The normal process for down-grading from a Premium to Standard format is, while in the Premium product, to use the File > Save Copy As function and select the 'Standard' format. 

Please see your Private Messages page for a message I have sent you.

Greg Martin
Sage
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Importing Database from Act 9 premium to Act 2010 standard

Unfortunately, you cannot open a premium database in the standard product.

See if you can get your hands on a trial version of Act! Premium 9, 10 ,11, or 12.  This will run for 30 days.  Install, restore your Act! 9 Premium backup with the trial. Once restored, open the database and then do a Save Copy As in Act!, making sure to change database version to Act! to Act! 2010.

(Ideally you will want to do this on another machine so that you don't impact your currently installed Act! 2010 instance.)