Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Importing Data

Importing Data

I just joined a St Louis company as their Atlanta based sales rep. The home office and the remote sales guys all use ACT v6.03 so I just purchased this version and installed it on my home PC. The Memphis based rep who once covered this area has lots of info i.e. contact names, activity info and the like he wants me to have. Ditto for the home office. So here's my question......what's the best way to do this. Can this info be e-mailed or should it be saved to a CD and mailed to me? Once I get it how do I import the info into my ACT? Any tips/help on how we should go about this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Steve
Copper Contributor

Re: Importing Data

It is best to back up the database in ACT and either upload to your server via ftp or mail it. I usually put files on a password protected thumbdrive, flashdrive, or whatever you want to call it (USB drive). You may mail it then restore the database in ACT to the desired location. I highly suggest upgrading to ACT! 2009 - especially on Vista computers. It will be difficult supporting ACT! 6.0 - ACT does not support that version anymore.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Importing Data

Another thing to consider... do you want to keep each other updated? If so, you should look at setting up synchronisation instead.