Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Importing Custom Data

Tuned Listener

Importing Custom Data

Hello,
I am researching some options for upgrading/reconfiguring the existing CRM solution at my new employer. I am looking at adding some custom tables to handle our marketing campaigns and then tying those to companies so that a company can be associated with multiple campaigns. Is there a tool that will allow us to import our custom data such that it automatically ties the campaigns to the proper companies?

Version: 2008, 10.0.3.182, Hotfix 1

Thanks
Scott
Silver Contributor

Re: Importing Custom Data

You would need to upgrade to version 2010 to utilize custom tables at all.  Also, user interface for custom tables is only through add on products at this time (do direct access from aCT)
Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Tuned Listener

I have used the Durkin Toolkit to successfully add custom tables in 2008.  Do you know of a way to import data into these tables, either native or plug-in?

Thanks

Scott

Platinum Elite Contributor

You can use custom tables in ACT! 10.03 or later (although there are some bugs if you use international dates in 10.02/3). Durkin tookit ot itTables will both do it

itImport can import to custom tables

Bronze Super Contributor

Scot,

The Durkin Toolkit has an import wizard built in. No need to purchase other import tools.

To access our import wizard go to the FILE menu and select "Import into Custom Table" This menu will bring forward the wizard to step you through the process.  The import wizard uses Excel files (*.xls) and can created/save import maps for repeated imports.

If you do not see the import function under the File menu please download and install the latest version 3.0.4.21 from our download page at http://durkincomputing.com/Download.aspx.

Hope this helps

-- Jim Durkin

Tuned Listener

Jim,

Found it!  Perfect!  Thank you much, sir!