Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Importing Contacts

Importing Contacts

I am a brand new user of Act Pro 2011.  I am switching over from a relational database that I created in MS Access.  I have three databases comprising Company, Contacts, and notes for each contact.  There are several contacts for each company, and each contact has several notes.  They are related to each other through ID's.  What is the best way to import all the data so that they automatically are grouped together by company?  There are over 10,000 records, so I don't want to individually associate each company to the corresponding contacts.  I also would like the notes to show up for each contact.  Again, what is the best way to import this so it automatically relates the notes to the contacts?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Importing Contacts

The best way is probably to use Oak!Merge.  You can find it at www.oakmerge.com.  You might want to get an ACT! Certified Consultant to help you get it done.  You can find one at www.act.com/acc

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!