01-26-2009 07:33 AM
I have Act! but haven't been using it. I'd like to consider using it once again, but would like to do so starting new and if the questions I have below have easy solutions.
1. Can I create a new database?
2. My contacts in outlook currently have categories associated with them. How can I import them to Act! and keep those designations? This is important to me if I am going to use Act! once again.
3. What is the easiest way of linking outlook with Act!?
4. I have a blackberry storm. Can the data be linked with my blackberry?
01-27-2009 06:51 AM
2. Ensure you map your custom field when importing to ensure the crucial data is imported, using the predefined map in regards to this may not be to your advantage.
3. KB 19204
The specifics here would be slightly different if your using outlook 2k7
4. Via third party software.
01-27-2009 09:59 PM - edited 01-27-2009 09:59 PM
01-28-2009 06:39 AM
04-04-2009 08:32 AM
04-04-2009 02:27 PM
There is no option to import the Outlook Category field by default
What you want to do is to use one of Outlook's User-Defined fields (1-4) as your temporary Category field. Then you can copy the data from the default Category field in Outlook to this field which will be available to import and map to your ACT! database.
04-07-2009 05:47 PM
02-16-2011 10:40 PM
Yes you can, I had to sync contacts first because the outlook import is broken. Act is very tempermantal.
However, you can import the categories as an id status. just export to cvs then import and make sure you map the fields. It just does not show up because you have to go in and create the new ID/Status.
Once you create the new ID/Status that will match exactly the outlook catagory do a look up with the id status field, you will see all of the contacts that are in that outlook catagory. not sure if it will sync but at least if you have over 3k contacts you can get it right. Once you have completed all this nonsense you will probably have do perform a de-dup. Good luck.