Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Importing Company Records - Company Name field not available in mapping list

Tuned Listener

Importing Company Records - Company Name field not available in mapping list

I'm using ACT 2009 and attempting to import a company record.  After creating my .CSV file, I attempt to map the fields, but I don't see the "Company Name" field available in the "To This Field" list.

Any ideas why this is happening?  Shouldn't I be able to map the field called "Company Name" in my source .csv file to the "Company Name" field in ACT?

I've selected "Company Records" in the Import Wizard. 

Any help will be appreciated.  

Thanks.

Doug 

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Importing Company Records - Company Name field not available in mapping list

Looking at an Act! 2010 system and the field name is just 'Company'...

Do you see all of the other fields?

Tuned Listener

Re: Importing Company Records - Company Name field not available in mapping list

Thanks for your response,

I do see all the other fields and have mapped them successfully - both manually and with a saved map.  But neither "Company" nor "Company Name" are in the list.  One other piece of info:  Strangely, when i first get to the mapping screen, Company Name is mapped to Company Name in the "To This Field" list, but a) when i click on the drop down for the Company Name field, it is not in the list; and b) when i load my saved map, all other fields are mapped, but i still can't find Company Name or Company in the To This Field list.   Confusing.

I am having the same problem in 2008.

Every other field appears tro be there except the vital 'Company' field.  To test I tried exporting companies and the field is available.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

David

Platinum Super Contributor

Are you importing Contacts or Companies?

If importing Companies: Be sure that you have column headings on your import file, and make the column name 'Company'.  It will recognize the name and map that field accordingly.

If importing Contacts: Right click on the field in the Contact Detail view and verify the field name (in menu: 'Lookup XYZ', where XYZ is the field name).  Perhaps the field has been renamed...

Greg Martin
Sage

Bingo - thanks Greg.

You see, I (and the OP I presume) wasn't worrying about the field names in my file as I knew they could be manually mapped later.

Looks like when importing companies, the exception is the 'Company' field itself for some reason.

Thanks again

David