Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Importing Companies from another ACT! database

Importing Companies from another ACT! database

I am in the process of merging two ACT! databases - both at 2009 standard edition (11.1 Hotfix 1).  The merge is via the standard ACT! File->Import... wizard.

1)  I merged the Contacts - everything fine. Then...

2)  I merged the Groups - everything fine - all Contacts in place on the Contacts tab.  Then...

3)  I merged all Companies.  The company names were all created but the merge just hung for several hours with no processing and no hard drive activity.  I killed the import after four hours but had to do this using Task Manager as the Cancel button was not responding.  Whilst the Company names are there, there are no links to any of the Contacts.

Any idea on my best way forward to establish the Contact link for each Company?  There are over 3000 of them!!

Many thanks in anticipation,

Phil

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Importing Companies from another ACT! database

Try using the Export function from the source database instead of an import from the target.

Prior to doing this, run maintenance on both databases by going to Tools/Database Maintenance/Check and Repair

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.