Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Importing CSV file

Importing CSV file

I am receiving the following error when importing a csv file into act "Error occurred while loading data exchange log file". I have imported with no problem for the first 3 weeks after install of  ACT Premium 2013 Version 15.0.301.0. I searched for that error and i get no hits.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Importing CSV file

Can you provide some further information about your issue:
- Is the file physically located on the same machine as the database? If not, move it to the same machine and test.
- Have you tried saving it to an Excel format and importing?
- Have you tired importing a different csv file? Create a new file with 1 test record > import successful or not?
- Try importing both the original file and test file into the Demo database. Successful or not?
Greg Martin
Sage

Yes. I have tried all of the above. Any help would be appreciated. I was trying to share a database but never was able to get it to sync. I can move the database to another computer and the import works fine but I need it work on the main computer.

Thank You

Copper Contributor

Any fix for this? I am encountering the same error when trying to import an xlsx into ACT! 2013. It's kind of a big deal -- I am presenting to a client in 6 days!

-drew
www.drewvogel.com

ACT! 2013 Premium; Microsoft Office 2010
Copper Contributor

Hi,

Have you tried with differed excel or csv file 

try in different db like demo if still problem

try to export contacts from demo to excel and create db db on new computer and try to import 

this is to find where the problem with DB or with the EXCEL 

MANI

Copper Contributor

Thank you for the reply. I tried importing the XLSX into the demo database and received the same error. I will try converting the Excel to an XLS and try the import again. I will also try converting it to a CSV and try the import again.

I'll report back my findings.

-drew
www.drewvogel.com

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Drew,
This error may refer to the XML import log files. They are located here: C:\Users\*Windows username*\AppData\Roaming\Act\Act Data. The 2 files are normally called IMPORT_EXPORT_FAILLOG.xml and IMPORT_EXPORT_LOG.xml.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Thanks, Greig. What shall I do with those files? Delete them?
-drew
www.drewvogel.com

Platinum Elite Contributor

Not yet. When were they last modified? And are there any errors in the FAILLOG file?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

I will check that in a couple hours (no access to the box right now).
-drew
www.drewvogel.com