Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Importing Business Cards from WorldCard

Importing Business Cards from WorldCard

I recently purchased the WorldCard business card scanner to impart business Cards into Act V18.  When exporting from world card into act, I receive the following error message:

[Contact]:
[Field name]:User_Custom_Content2
[version]:ACT18
[ERROR Message]:Invalid column name: USER2

Parameter name: realName

I did create a new database, and the exporting was successful, so I believe the error resides with my existing Act database, not with the Worldcard program

I've made a empty copy of my existing database, ran a database check and repair, with the same error message.

I've deleted all of the user defined fields In the empty database, but received the same error message.

It looks like my only option might be to create a new database, and export my data into it, but I believe I will have to rebuild many of the user defined fields.

I was hoping I can find and fix the problem with the existing database and continue on from there. 

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions. 

Administrator

Re: Importing Business Cards from WorldCard

Does the WorldCard reader install as an addin into Act? It may be possible to find a fix for this - but it's likely that the makers of the addin are going to know more about the error than Swiftpage.

As far as I'm aware, USER2 isn't a column that is in an Act Database by default. If you can find out which field it's trying to write that data to, we may be able to recreate it.

Otherwise I'm afraid you're probably correct that you'd need to recreate the database.

Thanks. No luck in finding the field labeled "user 2", so I recreated dbase and exported data from old database. Seems to be working. 

Administrator

Thanks for keeping us updated, sorry I couldn't be of more help!