Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Importing Activities into Act from Excel and No BB update with HHC

Astute Commentator

Importing Activities into Act from Excel and No BB update with HHC

Here is what I did and how the tech support guy at Handheld Contact responded:

Q- Excel File was imported into outlook calendar and then outlook calendar was imported to ACT. Everything shows up in act, but does not update on BB, Why?
A- There are tags in the code within ACT that when something new is insterted the tag gets changed so it knows to update BB and not do anything if no new info. When importing from excel then ACT just puts the info in as an activity, but somehow the tag does not get changed so it knows that this is a new item. If you go into ACT and change something on that activity you will then see it update on BB. He said I might want to look on the ACT forums and ask this question. Said it does not come up very often, but this is an ACT issur not theirs.

Any ideas of a work around on this one?

Thanks

Alan

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Importing Activities into Act from Excel and No BB update with HHC

It's to do with the way ACT! imports the activities from Outlook. You could try telling HHC to do a send-all and seeing if the activities are go then

It certainly works to import the activities directly to ACT! via itImport

Astute Commentator

Re: Importing Activities into Act from Excel and No BB update with HHC

Hey Mike,

Great suggestion as it worked. I asked the tech support guy at HHC if he thought this would work and he said he doubted it, but it couldn't hurt to try.  I was a bit skeptical, but I tried it this am and it is all good now.

Thanks a ton you saved me hours and hours!!

Alan