Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Imported history from Act 6

Imported history from Act 6

I am setting up a new installation of ACT 2008. Importing my database from ACT 6.x

In 2008, the "Regarding & Details" field on the "History" tab, shows the file name of the attached document, where in ACT 6, the same field shows the infor I entered when I created the document.

for example. in act 6.0 it might read "Sent quote to Jim for xxx", and the in a seperate filels is shows the attachement.

In 2008, it simply shows the file name for the attachement.

It seems that where there was an attached file, I am loosing the data in my "Regarding" field.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Imported history from Act 6

Is this new items that you're creating in ACT! 2008 or History items that were converted?

History items converted from Act 6

So, in ACT! 6, you attached a file then manually changed the Regarding field?

If you open the History item (double click on the Regarding), what does it show for the fields?

In Act 6 (same as 2008), when you print a document, you are prompted with option to Record History, Attached the document, and what it is in regard to.

It is the info that was in "Regarding" that I have lost.

for example. in act 6.0 it might read "Sent quote to Jim for xxx", and then in a seperate fileld, the attachement is shown.

In 2008, it simply shows the file name for the attachement.

It seems that where there was an attached file, I am loosing the data in my "Regarding" field.

I will try and include a screen shot with my next post

Thanks

I have this same prolem today but with this added detail:  If an attachment file was found during the conversion, the Regarding & Details column shows only the path (not the subject line like in ACT6) and the attachment column has an icon to open the attchment.  If and attachment WAS NOT FOUND, the Regarding & Details column shows the subject line and of course no attchment icon in the attachment column.

Ran compress and reindex and a clean Scan and Repair before conversion.

Act support closed the door on me Smiley Sad

New detail: I performed another conversion on the SAME data. This time I chose to convert attachments as attachments: my Regarding & Details column in the History tab looks exactly as expected.

My new question is: why does the Regarding & Detail column miss data when converting attachments as links?? This is still my desired approach. Has anyone seen this??

I definitly have SOME missing and misplaced files. This is acceptable. I do want to keep my files as links in the new version of ACT, missing or not. The issue showes itself when I convert (after performing maintenance, and all green checks in scan and repair) and I choose "convert attacments as links"; Regarding & Details (R&D) and Attachment columns get populated in this manner:

If Attacment NOT found: R&D = a text summary of the document/subject line of email - Attachment column: NO attachment. (this is good and expected)

If Attachment IS found: R&D = the path of the document (in text form) - Attachment column: an attachment present. (not good... it found an attachment but did not bring over the summary???)

Data corruption?? missing data??? One might think so until I run the conversion again on the SAME 6.0 data but instead choose to "Convert attachments as attachments" R&D looks exactly as you would expect.