Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Import with Dynamically Created Groups

Import with Dynamically Created Groups

Unable to find a way to automatically create new Groups when importing multiple contacts from same companies (all contained in one jumbo Excel file).
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Import with Dynamically Created Groups

Do you mean new Groups or Companies?

ACT! import can't automatically create either without and add-on like itImport

If Groups, and you've already created them, you can add Group rules so contacts with certain data in specific fields will dynamically be linked to the Groups

I installed itImport and ASDS MergeAdmin2010 without finding  a way to automatically create new Group or Companies.  With 20,000+ contact and over 50% from the same companies, what's the easiest method to create the Groups (or Companies)?

Thanks Bryan M.

Platinum Elite Contributor

I do it all the time with itImport... do you just want to create Companies and link the Contacts with same Company name?

Or something more complex?

If you let me know, I'll do a couple of screen shots tonight for you

Mike - Simple is great... create Companies and link the Contacts with same Company name is excellent.  The source Excel chart also has a company ID column for all Contacts from the same Companies.

Thanks again,

BryanM

Failed to dynamically create companies or groups using ImportIT after attempting to import 3 different ways (Contact, Company and Group).  Any other suggestions?