Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Import problem

Import problem

I am operating Act 2007, v.7+.

I originally imported about 7000 clients from a text-delimited (tab) database and apparently made an error in the 'receiving' tag name. Instead of 'First Name' / 'Last Name' I THOUGHT I had imported into 'Client FirstN' / Client LastN'.

Anyway the end result is that I have 7000 files with NO CLIENT NAMES AT ALL. I tried reimporting the Db with the corrected 'receiving' file tags, figuring that it would see them ass additional data to existing files, but it still has not picked them up.

Help!!!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Import problem

You can change data in fields with ACT!'s import...

Your best bet would be to delete the 7000 and reimport them correctly

Problem is that I have about 500 others that were input manually.

Is there a 'restore to certain date' option that I haven't noticed?

Platinum Elite Contributor

If the 7000 were imported on the same data... and none of the 500 added on the same day - you could do a Lookup by Create Date
Nickel Super Contributor

Another good lookup is:

"Is Imported" = True  AND

Create Date = <date of import>

Michael Matthews
Bridge Concepts, Inc.
Fort Worth, TX
www.bridgeconcepts.com

Mike,

OK, I got the 7000 back by going into Tools>Design Layouts> and replacing the problem fields with the original field names.

NOW, I lost the name for the 500 or so others (since they were associated with the previous field 'tags'.

How about this - I search for the clients without 'names', make them a separate 'group', modify THAT group the way I did the first fix, then re-add them back into the other group of contacts so that everyone is all in the same group. Sound OK???

Thanks for your help,

Rich