Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Import from Excel, finishes, but no new contacts?

Highlighted

Re: Import from Excel, finishes, but no new contacts?

I have followed all this intructions numerous time, it acts like it is importing and then ... nothing.  VERY frustrating.  I amazes me that they can actually SELL this stuff. It doesn't work!!!

Highlighted

I am new to community and have found to have the same import problems but I don't see anywhere a solution. I have posted questions as well but haven't seen a response

Highlighted

I have ACT pro 2013... having the same import problems.  It says everything has been imported with no errors.  And yet nothing appears on the contact list. 

I've enabled and disabled duplicate checking (neither works) I've tried creating a new database, that doesn't work either.  I've tried F5 (an earlier suggestion to "refresh") nothing.......

Anyone?

Highlighted

I have Act 2013 Pro.  I have the same problem.

I have tried F5 - nothing

I have tried creating a new/empty list - nothing

I have tried both enabling and disabling duplicate checking - nothing

Each time it says it has successfully imported 513 leads (which is the exact number I was trying to import) with no errors.  And yet each time NOTHING shows up in the contact list.

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

And more than a year later, still there is no solution to this!!

We have had this software since ACT 2006 through ACT 2012 and we have never had luck with an easy straight forward import.

This new problem which is as everybody explained is frustrating and at the same time we receive emails about buying ACT 2013 or newer!!!?

Import finishes with no errors without adding anything.  By the way None of the solutions provided here have worked.

In past 6 years that I have checked out this forum, unfortunately NONE of 'GL Computing from Australia' solutions has fixed our ACT issues yet.

Thanks,
Sina

Highlighted

Interesting, Your comments sound exactly like our senerio. We have been using for the same amount of time and no resolution. After spending $99 for customer service and being passed to many different technicians  I ended up with a senior technician that thought our database was corrupt. However, what we did find is we had to bypass ACT on our desktop and do the import on our server. The import did work however I am not comfortable having to go into the server to import. I know no one else in the office wants to try. 

Highlighted

Thanks for your reply. I also tried the same import using both xlsx,  csv and even a txt (tab delimitted) file on ACT that runs on the server. I also checked the duplicate checking option to make sure it's enabled and also the import's duplicate contact settings to be add if it's new.
Nothing has worked so far. This weekend I am going to try a repair and check function to see if that would fix it. The other step (not a fix) that I found on this forum is to save a copy as (empty copy) and trying the same excel file to see if it works, it won't fix anything but at least we can make sure the excel file is good and problem is from the databasse. When I joined our company 6 years ago they unfortunately already had ACT! I wish we can switch to something else, because this import issue is the tip of the iceberg of our ACT problems.

I'll post anything useful I can find.

Thanks,

Sina

Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

Highlighted

This is not a solved issue.  I have tried all of the suggestions and my import still will not work!

Highlighted

Hi michelleh118,

Would you be able to advise on the version of Act/Outlook and how many contacts and fields you are looking to import?