Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Import from Excel, finishes, but no new contacts?

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Import from Excel, finishes, but no new contacts?

I've tried several times to import an Excel (.csv) file into Act 2010. The final steps after setting up the map says everything is fine, click on finish, green bar completes the import... then nothing happens and there are not any new contacts. Any one have any advice?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jfmiller
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Import from Excel, finishes, but no new contacts?

Hi JF,

Are there any contacts already in the database? What happens if you create a brand new empty database and than do the import, does it work?

If it doesn't work in the empty database, click on the tools on the main tool bar, select preferences and then disable the duplicate checking, and try the import again and see if it works.

Thanks

Kurt Rosemann

Platinum Act! Consultants
Kurt@ActiveSales.net | www.ActiveSales.net | 877-569-8005

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Two obvious ideas:

1. You need to refresh ACT! sometimes to see newly imported data - try Ctrl-F5

2. If you didn't select the right fields in Duplicate Checking (or turn it off), they may have just been imported over each other.

Any other suggestions? Hate to be greedy as I do appreciate your advice, CTRL F5 brought up the calendar on my ACT, didn't refresh.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Then you need to check the duplicate checking settings... or turn them off for the import
Solution
Accepted by topic author jfmiller
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Hi JF,

Are there any contacts already in the database? What happens if you create a brand new empty database and than do the import, does it work?

If it doesn't work in the empty database, click on the tools on the main tool bar, select preferences and then disable the duplicate checking, and try the import again and see if it works.

Thanks

Kurt Rosemann

Platinum Act! Consultants
Kurt@ActiveSales.net | www.ActiveSales.net | 877-569-8005
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi JF,

Step1   Please goto Start->run->type services.msc -->click enter

Step2:   in the services window please check SQLserver(act7) services & SQL browser is started or Stopped

Step3:if its Stopped .right click on the SQLserver(act7) services . start the Services

and then tired to import the CSV file into the act database

Knight Rider

Message Edited by knight riders on 04-20-2010 11:06 AM
Message Edited by knight riders on 04-20-2010 11:06 AM

I too am using ACT! 2010.  I've always imported my contacts from Excel by saving the file as a tab delimited file.  I've got only about 450 contacts and am adding another 600.  I've turned the duplicate checking off and on with no success.  I've converted the file to a comma delimited file with no success.  I've put quotes around each field in the comma delimited file...still no.  I've changed the fields in the duplicate checking numerous times.  I've done a check and repair...nada.  I've created an empty database and tried to import into it - still nothing.  I've hit Ctrl F5 and still no.  The greenbar advances accross the screen like it is importing something, but it doesn't import anything.  I've created a text file with just 1 record to import - no success.  What I don't understand is how Sage can create an import component that gives absolutely no feedback as to why the records are not being imported.  I have nothing to go on.  Any help would be appreciated.

I am in the same boat - just bought the product and am not able to import anything!  A major use of act was to be able to import multiple things from excel into the database.

Has this ever been resolved? - it is such a basic function and I cannot get it to work

I cannot get this to work. I cannot get anyhting to work