Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Import Problem With Act 2006

Import Problem With Act 2006

I recently updated two .txt files into account and Act is not importing all of the records. The first file contained 3,508 contact records. Act only imported 3,440 records. The 2nd file contained 118 contact records. Act only imported 50 records. I confirmed that both of the txt files contained all of the information found in the original CSV files and the import feature did show the exact number of records prior to importing. In the Contact Merge Options under the "If Source records match destination records" list I had the "Contact Records" set up to "Do not Change" and the, with the opposite side set up to "add." When act imported the 2nd file it automatically stopped halfway when the import box comes on screen and shows the progress. As far as I know I do not have any viruses, spyware, etc. Can this be fixed because it is very annoying that the program will not work.
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Import Problem With Act 2006

If the progress bar dropped halfway through that usually means a problem with the data you are importing, normally invalid charaters etc.  It would be difficult to tell without looking at the data.

Tom

Would you be open to looking at the smaller file? I could send you a copy of the file or a screen shot picture. I do know that when I try to save an excel spreadsheet to a CSV or TXT file a prompt comes up that says "(file) may contain certain features that are not compatible with with Text (tab delimited). Do you want to keep the workbook in this format? I normally hit yes, but perhaps I'm doing something wrong.
Nickel Super Contributor

Try it saved as csv.  I can't really look at your spreadseet as I am only replayin to these posts on my lunch break. Common causes are usually carriage returns in the data etc., symbols in phone fields etc, required fields blank, drop downs set to limit to list but the data doesn't match etc.  If you would like much more detailed support I would recoomend you speak to Sage's support team or contact an ACC in your country.  Sorry I can't be of more help

Tom