Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Import PDF into email blast

Import PDF into email blast

I can not get my PDF documents into a mail merge  I have no problem attaching to a single email ?  Can anyone help ?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Import PDF into email blast

What happens when you try?
What version of ACT! (full build from Help | About)?
What email client?

You should look at either MergeMaster! or SwiftPage for this... they add many functions are faster and easier.

Hi - i saw this old thread but didn't see a solution. i recently purchased Sage ACT! for Real Estate. I do regular mailings, but send out documents that are in .pdf format.  i am trying to figure out how to do a mail merge for print and for email (I send both ways) and attach/import the .pdf document.  I saw the response - is the only way to do this to buy more products? (Swiftpage)

The ACT! email merge does allow you to attach files, but will usually choke (as does Outlook) if you try to send more than 100-150 at a time.... It's a resource issue.

You'll be much happier using one of the suggested solutions I posted earlier (SwiftPage or MergeMaster!). They will also handle unsubscribes and reporting so you get analytics to enable you to improve the quality of your marketing

When I discussed this product with the person at Sage, I was clear about how I did my marketing and they were clear that it could be done!  I only need to send out 150/month in a *one time* mailing.  Maybe I can break that down into three separate mailings so it won't choke.  So what are the steps to be able to make this happen (since neither the program nor the guide tell me how to do it!)

jesspete wrote:

When I discussed this product with the person at Sage, I was clear about how I did my marketing and they were clear that it could be done!  I only need to send out 150/month in a *one time* mailing.  Maybe I can break that down into three separate mailings so it won't choke.  So what are the steps to be able to make this happen (since neither the program nor the guide tell me how to do it!)

Write | Mail Merge - follow the Wizard.

You do have ACT! 2009, correct?

It should cope (depending on what's running and your system resources)... although a large attachment might make it choke at a lower volume.

Either way, I can tell you that using the third-party solutions will give a real benefit and make your life easier

i need a little more detail than that. I tried write > mail merge > follow the wizard multiple different ways today, none of which would allow me to import a pdf file.   i have Act! for Real Estate 2008 version 10.

Have a look at the 5th image in this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1388...

In the dialog with the Subject and History Type

You still need a normal template, but can then attach a file. Not sure what you mean by "import" the file?

We don't have the Real Estate version here in Australia, but I don't think that would have changed.