Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Import Outlook -> Act No Company Records

Import Outlook -> Act No Company Records

When importing contacts from Outlook -> Act, it imports contacts with company name but does not create Company records.

Is there any easy way to create these company records during this process or afterwards without doing this by hand?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Import Outlook -> Act No Company Records

Outlook doesn't have company records, so there's nothing to import this way.... there are addons that can auto create the company records from the contacts and link them as well.

Outlook does have a company field, and products like SalesForce (and even Act!) map this properly to the "company" field in the CRM.  There are lots of tools that will create company records in Act! from this.   Unfortunately many versions after the release of companies, Act! still cannot do this.   The products to do this range from $200-$1,000.   When this is simple functionality.  I found a way to do it for under $50, but I disagree I should look to a third party to solve this problem, although I had to.

The Company field is brought into ACT! in the Contact Record... this is not the same as a full Company record

Company maker from http://www.adsprogramming.com/products.htm will do this for $99

You might post a request for this feature to be considered for a future version here - http://www.act.com/community/feature

Input from this web page goes directly into a database that management has direct access to read, and which they also track and gather statistics on.

I understand that is not the same as a full company record, that is my concern.   Act! fully has the ability to do this.

I put a feature request in when I demo'd 7.x, which was the first product to have company records, and many years later it still is not there.

Company Maker does not work, when I install it, it will not register a dll properly on Vista 64 bit, and thus not a good solution.  But even if it did work, I should not have to pay another $100 just to do something Act! should do.   Just my opinion.  Now I have the company records created, going to spend some time playing around and see if it is a solution for me.

Seeing as your an evangelist, you know of any solution that adds "contract" and "warranty" tracking to Act!?  Something we have in sales force we can track assets so we can tell when software/hardware expires for clients and generate emails almost automatic to notify them or have the back office create quotes.

cspence wrote:

I understand that is not the same as a full company record, that is my concern.   Act! fully has the ability to do this.

I put a feature request in when I demo'd 7.x, which was the first product to have company records, and many years later it still is not there.

I guess it needs enough users to request it :-(

Company Maker does not work, when I install it, it will not register a dll properly on Vista 64 bit, and thus not a good solution.  But even if it did work, I should not have to pay another $100 just to do something Act! should do.   Just my opinion.  Now I have the company records created, going to spend some time playing around and see if it is a solution for me.

Vista 64-bit was only recently added as a supported platform with ACT! 11... maybe ask Stan as ADS to see if they will add support?

Seeing as your an evangelist, you know of any solution that adds "contract" and "warranty" tracking to Act!?  Something we have in sales force we can track assets so we can tell when software/hardware expires for clients and generate emails almost automatic to notify them or have the back office create quotes.

I have been using Telesupport Helpdesk for this -  maybe have a look at it to see if it suits you?

If it's overkill, maybe setting up a custom table with itTables might be the answer?

I just need something simple, I want to have a set of fields related to company records that I can run reports off of.

If you were to compare IT Tables and Topline Designer, which both seem to do the same thing, which one would you say is better for this?

Will IT Tables store everything in the database and within the files, so it is completely ported if you move your database?  Can you add virtually any functionality with these applications?

As for Company Maker, I used another product I found it was only $49.99 and worked perfectly.  Then I went through and set ID types for all the companies.

I personally use itTables as it has a few more functions.

All the data is stored in the ACT! SQL database, so is still there if you move the database, sync it, or (with itTables only) access via ACT! for Web

Any programmer can add functionality based on the data... but it would depend on what you wanted to do

cspence wrote:
As for Company Maker, I used another product I found it was only $49.99 and worked perfectly.  Then I went through and set ID types for all the companies.

Which product?