Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Import Function not working on ACT! Pro V.17

Import Function not working on ACT! Pro V.17

Hello,

I purchased ACT! Pro V.17. in mid December and have not been able to get the import function to work since. I have been an ACT! user for years and upgraded from ACT 2010, so I am familiar with how the process should work. Basically, the database reports all fields are importing correctly but no new contacts are created or merged even after the import wizard says everything is successful. There is no error message. The import log correctly states the number of contacts that should be imported, but the information never enters the database. I experience this problem with both excel documents (with proper fields) and CSV files, in both custom and typical imports. I had no problems similar to this in ACT! 2010 and I was running with the same software:

Act! Pro Version 17.0.151.0, Hot Fix 1
Excel 14.0.7140.5002 (32 bit)
Private database
Windows Vista Business Service Pack 2 32-bit

This issue is extremely hard to work around, considering I must now import every contact singly by hand. I sincerely appreciate any help in this matter.

Thanks,

Adrian

Re: Import Function not working on ACT! Pro V.17

If you go to Tools > Preferences, Click the Admin Tab, then click Duplicate Checking...

What fields is the database configured to check for duplicates based on?

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage
Visit our knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com

Duplicate checking is enabled. Checking only on the contact field.

Bronze Super Contributor

When importing I find it best to turn off the Duplicate Checking and then run a check when its imported.

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 

Thank you for this insight. The import feature is now creating contacts, but does not  merge fields. Is there something I am missing?