Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Import Function Does Not Work

Import Function Does Not Work

Every time I try to import from a .csv or .txt file, the "preparing to import" message appears, but nothing happens.  None of my data is imported but an error message does not display. Please help.

I'm using ACT 11.1.183 Hotfix 1

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Import Function Does Not Work

This could be an issue with the import file or possibly your database. Try importing 5-10 records from the spreadsheet (copy and paste to a new .csv file) and see if they go through. You can also try importing in the demo database (ACT11Demo) and see if the contacts import in. In your .csv file, make sure you have a column for "Contact" that has the contact's first and last name and that none of the rows in that column are blank. If you have only  "first name" and "last name" columns, but no "contact", then create a new column and use the concatenate function in Excel to populate it with the combines values of the first and last name columns (see Excel's Help menu on how to use the concatenate function).

Also, at the point in the import wizard where you have "Contact Merge Options", make sure that they value on the right side of screen is "Add".

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.