Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Impact Suite

Impact Suite

[ Edited ]

hi 

my impact suite custom tables does not appear to be working on the web version. short of reinstalling this can anyone help me understand why the custom tables and impact options are not showing on the web version. My version of act is 18.2 my windows OS is windows 10. I had uninstalled impact suite and act. and reinstalled to no avail. the only other option i think i have is to remove sql database and start from scratch

thanks

Re: Impact Suite

Hi Rob, am I right in thinking that Impact Suite is an add-on created by Durkin Computing? Have you went back to them about your problem?

Unfortunately with it being a third party add-on Swiftpage have had no involvement in so Act! technical support would be unable to help you, but hopefully other users here will be using the add-on and can give you some help.

hi 

yes i have and with no real success as he has emailed twice to remote on to have a look but when i have emailed him back he hasnt got back to me. I understand he must be busy but i do need a solution to this problem. 

thanks

Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi

I have sent Jim an email as he is best placed to help and I am sure he will respond.

When you say not working on ACT for WEB do you mean it does not show the new tables when connecting via a web browser?

hi 

yes the custom tables and the impact suite options do not show in act on the web 

thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

To my knowledge, the Impact suite custom tables can't be accessed via the WEB interface. While the custom tables are physically tables in the ACT! database, a local install (license) of the Impact suite is required to access them. For example in a server/workstation environment the database on the server will contain the  custom tables but the individual workstations can't access them unless they have the Impcat suite install on the workstation. I know this question has come up before but I don't know the status of any solution.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Super Contributor

Roib,

Impact Suite v7 does support / display custom table in ACT for Web. What version do you have installed?

Here is the link to download the ACT for Web component of Impact Suite v7:

http://www.impactact.com/DownloadThankYou.aspx?file=ImpactV7_DITW_setup.exe 

After running this installer you will get a dialog box confirming a complete installation.

Let me know your results.

Thanks

-- Jim Durkin

hi jim

yes i had this installed but it didn't work anyway i reinstalled the whole of act again and impact suite. the web version displaying the tables of a sort but i cannot see the actual records as yet but it does come up in internet explorer and asks for registration which it does not accept

hi jim

in regards to the custom tables not viewable over the web. well my findings are that the custom tables work in Internet explorer but looking at the side bar where the custom tables are i can click on these and view the first 10 entries when clicking on the option 2 ,3 ,4 , etc there is nothing to see. The other thing that happens is the register window opens all the time and i cannot activate. the custom tables do not work on chrome on the desktop but do work on chrome for ipad. 

on i.e. i can now enter new data into my custom tables