Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Images in mail merged e-mails appearing as attachments

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: Images in mail merged e-mails appearing as attachments

Hi, Is there an ETA on this being fixed in Office 2016?
Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Have now patched all my Office 2010 clients (Thank you for the patch.) but need the fix for office 2016 urgently please.

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

Thanks everyone,

It appears that a more significant re-write of the mail merge feature is required to resolve this for Office 2013 and higher. It does however remain a high priority issue for us to address.

We are currently looking at the development and testing requirements for this change, and as soon as a plan is finalized I'll share news on the timescale. I know this is an urgent fix for many, and I thank you for bearing with us as we make progress.

If required, please also note the new defect reference D-05904 for this issue.

Regards,
Stuart

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Thanks for the update Stuart. Is there no ETA at all?

This is a key piece of functionality, without it it is hindering the operation of our sales team.

Having recently upgraded from v16 to v19, paying for the update and also paying your subscription license model I think at the very least either an ETA or good will gesture should be offered.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know I have said this before but you are losing sales because of this defect. 30 user client now had quote from Sage re Sage CRM as they have Sage accounting software. They have used ACT for at least 12 years and are currently on ACT V16. They use preformatted templates in ACT to send emails via Outlook and therefore V19 is not fit for purpose for their needs as they have a mix of Office 2013 and 2016. emarketing is not an option with the way they use ACT so they have no choice but to look elsewhere. They would not have done so if ACT V19 worked as it should with Outlook. My clients are loyal to me and I am to them so I am duty bound to warn them about the defect where I know it will have a big impact on the way they work. I need to give them  a clear indication of a fix date to give me any chance of saving this client from moving to an alternative CRM system. This has been a defect now for far to long!

PS Can give details of client in confidence if needed to authenticate post.

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

I think its reasonable that we get updated on this, defect D-05904. like others I have customers that need this fixed. What is the situation please. 

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I agree, this issue is getting very frustrating now!

There's also an issue with 64 bit Office not working which is contrary to the claims that Act v19 Pro & Premium being 64 bit Office compatible. I had to go back to 32 bit Office due to constant crashes using 64 bit Office.

Come on Act, its time to start to get your Act together - excuse the pun!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I'm using Office 2010 on 64-bit system with v18.2. So is the latest patch still not a fix?

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

Hi @topaz99,

An update to resolve this issue for Office 2010 and v18.2 is linked to on the previous page:

https://community.act.com/t5/Act/Images-in-mail-merged-e-mails-appearing-as-attachments/td-p/318982/...

Regards,

Stuart

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Hi Stuart,

What about us users with 2016! This getting beyond a joke now, when will this be fixed?