Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Images in mail merged e-mails appearing as attachments

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: Images in mail merged e-mails appearing as attachments

Hi Stuart

Firstly thank you for responding and also confirming that any fix will also be released for V18.2 as well.

I regret that I must take issue on the statement you make though -

"That's incorrect. To clarify, the minor update we are researching would apply to Act! v18.2 and potentially versions 19.0 and 19.1."

It  is very far from being a minor issue for the ACT users complaining and if it is only a minor update why is it taking so long to fix.

"I'll share further details confirming our plan and the associated timescales as soon as our team have completed research."

This defect is nearly 2 years old so just how long does it take your team to research? Are you saying no one has looked at this till now?

I still am under the impression that the ACT Team management have vastly under estimated the impact this defect has had and therefore the commitment to resolve it was not proportional. It still seems like a very wooly response so I will keep this thread alive asking for an update on a weekly basis.

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your feedback, and please excuse my terminology. I use the phrase 'minor update' here to distinguish from a service pack or major version release. This would essentially be a targetted hotfix. This was not intended to reflect the scale or impact of the issue itself.

The defect was initially logged on 25 Jan 2016, a few weeks prior to the first post in this thread. Whilst there has been previous research carried out to investigate the related changes made in Act! v18, a cause was not found. This was identified as a priority in planning for v19.2, and the current research I refer to is specific to isolating the cause and providing an earlier update.

I'll share more information the moment I have it, but please let me know if you have additional concerns or questions.

Regards,

Stuart

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Hi again Stuart

Thank you for your further clarification.

With the ear bashing we have had from users it seems longer than 14 months since first raised but accept this is a correct timescale.

My main concern is that clients who are used to the ACT - Outlook  integration working without this issue are now looking at alternative products.

I know of 2 who have now gone elsewhere over the last 6 months where the defect has resulted in a loss of 80 + users. 2 more are on the point of going so it really is a disaster if my experience is typical of other ACT support companies.

I hope that if there is a resolution it will be released as a hotfix rather than wait for SP2

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

Hi everyone,

I wanted to provide a quick update on our progress with this issue. Our development team have now identified the cause, and a proposed fix was added to our current Act! v19.2 project. This fix has been tested today and we have confirmed it resolves the issue.

We are now looking at packaging the fix as an update for existing Act! v18.2 and v19 customers, and I'll provide a further progress update as development and testing moves along. We of course want to ensure thorough testing in a range of environments before declaring a public release.

Regards,
Stuart

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Thank you for this update. I have forwarded the contents to my aggrieved clients to show progress is being made.

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

Hi everyone,

To help with our hotfix development for this issue, could I please confirm whether anyone affected is running Microsoft Office 2010?

We have identified a secondary cause for the problem in higher Office versions, which will require some further development time to resolve. We could however look to accelerate a fix specifically for Office 2010 users if there is significant usage of this version.

Many thanks,

Stuart

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Hi Stuart

A number do have Office 2010 so a fix for these would be welcome.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

We are using Office 2010

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

Office 2016

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

A fix for Office 2010 should be included.

2 reasons:

a) We have a large installed base with Office 2010.

b) Office 2010 is a supported version acc. to the System Requirements.

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de