Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Images in mail merged e-mails appearing as attachments

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: Images in mail merged e-mails appearing as attachments

...and let's not forget the mail merge facility which doesn't work at all as well!!!!!!!!

Highlighted

Hi Has this now been fixed in version 19? We're sending out mail merges with attaching images. 

This issue has gone undetected for a few weeks and has left egg on our face as a company.

If this is resolved in V19 it would go a long way in restoring confidence in the ACT and Swiftpage

Thanks

Dan

Highlighted
Administrator

[ Edited ]

Hi Dan,

A fix for this issue has not yet been released, as it's still being worked on by our development team.
I apologise that this hasn't yet been resolved. The primary factor for this was due to development effort being focused on other areas of improvement.

This defect remains at high priority, and any updates I have to share on this will be posted in this thread as soon as I receive them.

Have you tried the workaround I posted here, or using Act! emarketing to send template emails with embedded images?

Highlighted

Even the work around doesn't work, I've swapped outlook to ACT email and it's still attaching the images!

This is a major issue for our business.

Kind regards

Dan

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

I previously asked -

Please can I request that Dan Ogdon who is Head of Swiftpage Customer Experience is made aware of this blog and invited to reply here.

No response !!!!!!!!  Was this passed on to him?

Yesterday I was informed that a 32 user who I support with ACT V16 who has had quotes for V19 has decided to move to an alternative CRM package as they have given up waiting for V19 to be fixed..

In case you think I am making this up I am happy to supply details of the client privately to you and Luke can confirm this at Swiftpage sales.

We need a timescale - we need a commitment that the team understand how significant this defect is. I appreciate Gary having to apologise over this and how hard this must be for him so come on ACT management, where are you? Stop hiding and make a statement of commitment here. 

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I feel for Gary.  My perception is that he really does care about this.

I have a very different perception of SwiftPage as a company and the Senior Management.  Why fix something when you can launch a new version and have everyone pay for a second time for the functionality that we believed we were buying first time around?  And from my point of view, why bother fixing mail merge when the fault forces the User to use e-marketing instead which means I need to pay an extra monthly fee?  It's an easy way to make more money.

Mind you, it's also an easy way to damage brand and lose customers...

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

I have received information that Dan Ogdon who is still shown as  Head of Swiftpage Customer Experience in Swiftpage management team profile has left.

Can someone else from the management team please respond with timescales for this defect fix.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

Hi everyone,

This defect (D-04092) is high priority to be addressed in our Act! v19.2 update, targeted for release towards the end of May. We are currently researching whether a minor update can be provided before this date to resolve the issue. I will post further information as I receive this from our team over the next week.

Let me take this opportunity to thank you all for your continued feedback. I understand the frustration in not seeing progress with this defect, and apologize for the inconvenience and any impact to your business. I will be investigating the full history of this issue to see where we can make further improvements around our escalation, prioritization and tracking processes for defects.

Best regards,

Stuart Morrison

Product Manager

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

So for those of us who have v.18 can you confirm that the position of Swiftpage remains the same, i.e. "You bought v.18 expecting it to have the functionality we stated it would.  Only it doesn't.  We have no intention of fixing the problems and so providing the functionality we sold you and you paid for.  Our solution is for you to pay for a second time for v.19.  And in the mean time as mail merge does not work with v.18 you also now have to pay extra for e-marketing too, even though you didn't plan to."

As I said earlier, making someone pay twice for the same thing is one way of increasing revenues...!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Tim,

That's incorrect. To clarify, the minor update we are researching would apply to Act! v18.2 and potentially versions 19.0 and 19.1.

I'll share further details confirming our plan and the associated timescales as soon as our team have completed research.

Best regards,

Stuart