Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Images in mail merged e-mails appearing as attachments

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: Images in mail merged e-mails appearing as attachments

If they are ever interested in launching a class action (I think it's called!) I'd be really interested.  I have no choice other than to pay now for ACT e-marketing, which I otherwise would not do.  It's either pay Swiftpage more money or fail to live up to the promise of delivering a monthly Sales Tip / newsletter to everyone who has requested it (it's an opt-in list).

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

So the following statements by Swiftpage employees, firstly in this post on 13 February 2016;  "... this has been logged as a defect with your version of Act!, so we are aware of it and we are working to fix it now...".  and this on 23 March 2016 ;  "We are still in the process of investigating the issue that causes this behaviour, but please be assured it is being tracked and worked on." , are not true, is that right? Furthermore, there had been no attempt by Swiftpage to keep customers updated until being prompted over 6 months on. Who at Swiftpage thinks that it is OK to treat customers like that?  

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Has this been resolved yet? It's been a few years since it was first logged. I am sending emails with embedded images through Outlook and it keeps occurring, recipients can't view images. In addition, I have tried using a hyperlink and it still does not show up, only as attachment.

What is taking so long to get this fixed??

Highlighted
Administrator

[ Edited ]

Hi topaz99,

A fix for this issue has not yet been released, as it's still being worked on by our development team.
I apologise that this hasn't yet been resolved. The primary factor for this was due to development effort being focused on other areas of improvement.

This defect remains at high priority, and any updates I have to share on this will be posted in this thread as soon as I receive them.

Have you tried the workaround I posted here, or using Act! emarketing to send template emails with embedded images?

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is proving to be a deal breaker for 52 user looking to upgrade. Client now getting competitive quotes for other CRM systems.

This defect has been unresolved for far to long !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted

Uh...yeah...that's a load of B.S. so...ah...yeah...how about you REFUND or DISCOUNT us for your INFERIOR product...and...uh...yeah...that would be great if you acted like an organization that has...um...you know...CREDIBILITY??

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

Gary,

As at today I have customers that aren't paying their bills because this problem remains. There is zero credibility in the statement " The primary factor for this was due to development effort being focused on other areas of improvement".

In my 20 years of software development  experience, there is nothing that annoys customers more than having to pay for 'upgrades' that break vital functionality that prior to, was working just fine. To rub salt into the wound with limp work-arounds just doesn't help, instead it inflames further.

The SP executive need to come out of the shadows and front this, now.     

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I bought a new TV last year.  The functionality that was PROMISED is not there.  The design is wrong.  Rather than fix tje problem, the manufacturer has launched a new version of the TV and has stated that to fix the problems I need to buy a new TV (so pay twice).

It's exactly the same with the car I bought.  The cruise control, which is something I use all the time does not work.  The manufacturer has said for 12 months they are looking to fix the problem at some stage but it's not high priority TO THEM.  They have now launched a new model and have stated that I should pay for a second time for a new car to get over the problem.

For any other company this would be a ridiculous state of affairs of course - the above are not true.  For Swiftpage though this is 'business as usual'.  That's why I'm so vociferous on Internet forums and with our clients (I'm a B2B sales training consultant) about avoiding ACT and all Swiftpage products.

As I asked on this forum last year, are there any lawyers out there who are interested in commencing a class action?  I bought ACT specifically for functionality that was promised and does not work.  And Swiftpage is taking no remedial action - apart from prising more money out my pocket by making me use e-marketing to overcome the mail merge problem or pay in full for a second time for a different version. 

So much for ethics, let alone customer service.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Now sharing the thread with my 900+ contacts on LinkedIn.  Suggest everyone else does the same....

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Gary

Please can I request that Dan Ogdon who is Head of Swiftpage Customer Experience is made aware of this blog and invited to reply here.

The defect is hugely damaging to Swiftpage both on credibility and also in customer retention. I can only presume that when looking at prioritising effort in fixing defects the policy makers are too remote from the clients to understand just what an impact this has caused.

So please ask Dan Ogdon or another board member to give a statement of intent on when this defect is going to be resolved.